With 2020 coming to an end, we reflect on the big, and little things that helped us get through this unexpected, unprecedented time. With everyone staying safe at home, we all looked for ways to be entertained, hopeful, educated, and connected. Artists & creatives saw an opportunity to bring this all to peoples homes, bringing us endless quality content, such an array of hot music video’s like Drake’s Life Is Good , sharing a journey in fame in Paris Hilton’s documentary and introducing a show about Good News – something we needed regardless of the pandemic.
Here, we look at Canada’s top 2020 music videos, creators, trends, and more!
In Music, 2020 was the Year of Justin Bieber and Drake, with both Canadian music superstars releasing chart-topping hits, many of which appear on YouTube’s list of the top music videos in Canada. We saw Drake walk in the shoes of everyday Canadians in Life is Good (#1), saw a tour of his Toronto home and iconic dance moves in Toosie Slide (#7), and fantasized about our own shopping spree after watching Laugh Now, Cry Later (#10).
Top Music Videos in Canada
- Future, Life is Good ft. Drake
- Tekashi 6ix9ine, Gooba
- Justin Bieber, Yummy
- Eminem, Godzilla ft. Juice WRLD
- Sidhu Moose Wala, Old Skool
- Cardi B, WAP ft. Megan Thee Stallion
- Drake, Toosie Slide
- DaBaby, ROCKSTAR ft Roddy Ricch
- Justin Bieber, Intentions ft. Quavo
- Drake, Laugh Now, Cry Later
While millions of Canadians were at home, viewers turned to YouTube to find bright spots that entertained and to connect with their favourite creators. This year’s #1 video shows how a little ingenuity, experimentation and time at home can solve a big backyard problem. Former NASA engineer Mark Robercreated an 8-part ninja warrior course to prevent squirrels from getting into his bird feed. Creators also provided audiences a raw and in-depth look into their personal lives from Nikkie Tutorials coming out as transgender to Jeffree Star’s break-up with long-time partner Nathan Schwandt to Paris Hilton’s emotional look back at her rise to fame through her documentary, we were all given a glimpse behind the curtain.
Top Trending Videos in Canada
- Mark Rober, Building the Perfect Squirrel Proof Bird Feeder
- Dream, Minecraft Speedrunner VS 3 Hunters GRAND FINALE
- Anonymotif, Justin Trudeau Sings “Speaking Moistly”
- Netflix is a Joke, 8:46 – Dave Chappelle
- NikkieTutorials, I’m Coming Out.
- America’s Got Talent, Golden Buzzer: 10-Year-Old Roberta Battaglia Sings Lady Gaga’s “Shallow” – America’s Got Talent 2020
- MrBeast, $250,000 Influencer Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament
- JeffreeStar, We Broke Up.
- Dude Perfect, Quarantine Stereotypes
- Paris Hilton, The Real Story of Paris Hilton | This is Paris Official Documentary
This year’s Top Canadian Creators and Top Breakout Creators show the incredible ways that Canadians adapted their content to help Canadians during this challenging time. Creators, MadFit and Heather Robertson, found ways to get us moving and make exercise at home easier with no-equipment workouts and routines for small spaces. The Hacksmith’s team used the power of STEM to make a plasma lightsaber. And Julie Nolke kept us laughing, as we imagined how we would explain the pandemic to our past selves.
Top Canadian Creators
- MadFit (5M+ subscribers)
- The Hacksmith (10.9M+ subscribers)
- Linus Tech Tips (12.4M+ subscribers)
- AzzyLand (13.1M+ subscribers)
- Disguised Toast (2.93M+ subscribers)
Top Breakout Canadian Creators