As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic continues to spread across the world, it’s more important than ever to take care of your health. While practicing good hygiene and social distancing will help curb the spread of the virus, boosting your immune system should also be a top priority. Fortunately, Organika makes it easy with their selection of products that offer immune support. Here are 5 of our favourite products and their benefits.
Organik’s Quercetin powder is a potent source of antioxidants and reduces free radical damage to skin, tissue and organs. Quercetin is a type of flavonoid and flavonoids are known to have antioxidant, anti-inflammatory as well as antiviral properties. Quercetin in particular, once absorbed, stays in circulation a long time and by doing so, can act as protective for longer. It provides and antioxidant effect for a large period of time during the day . As a result, it helps with the allergic response: Quercetin stabilizes mast cells and inhibit histamines . These two cells play large role in any allergic reaction from skin conditions to sinus congestion. It’s anti-inflammatory: Quercetin can modulate the expression of proinflammatory factors, one major one being TNF-alpha. By doing this, it causes an anti-inflammatory effect by suppressing inflammatory markers . It’s also anti-viraStays in circulation for an extended time while providing protection. Past research has shown quercetin to inhibit entry of a virus into human cells, viruses such as Influenza A . Organika’s
Reishi Mushroom supports the immune system, heart and other organs while helping to combat stress and fatigue. Some studies have shown that Reishi increases white blood cell count (leukocytes), which can help  the body to ward off infection. Organika’s Reishi Mushroom Extract Acts as an adaptogen to lower impacts of stress and improve energy levels.
Organika’s Spirulina Powder is one of the highest plant-based proteins per serving available in the world. This blue-green algae Spirulina powder is a source of iron, antioxidants, essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids. The protein content within Spirulina helps with muscle repair and to build antibodies to protect against infection and disease. It also contains beta-carotene, which helps support eye health and night vision. The high chlorophyll content means it’s also known as a powerful detoxifier. Overall Spirulina strengthens the immune system, regulates blood sugar levels and alleviates allergic rhinitis.
The Organika Bee Propolis is naturally sourced from one of the least polluted areas in the world – the Himalayan Region. Bee propolis in capsule form has been known to provide internal protection against certain infections while strengthening the immune system. Loaded with potent antioxidants and trace minerals, vitamins and amino acids, propolis has both anti-bacterial and healing effects. Some researchers also believe that the compounds in bee propolis “interrupt the energy of bacterial cells, rendering them unable to move and multiple.” The perfect addition to any immune boosting routine.
Organika’s NAC capsules are a precursor to L-Glutathione, one of the most important anti-oxidants. NAC is a potent antioxidant that supports health tissues, organs and skin. It also acts in fighting free radicals in the body and increases liver function.
- Morand C, Crespy V, Manach C, Besson C, Demigne C, Remesy C. Plasma metabolites of quercetin and their antioxidant properties. American Journal of Physiology-Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology. 1998 Jul 1;275(1):R212-9.
- Shaik-Dasthagirisaheb YB, Varvara G, Murmura G, Saggini A, Caraffa A, Antinolfi P, Tetè S, Rosati M, Cianchetti E, Toniato E, Speranza L. Inhibitor effect of antioxidant flavonoids quercitin, and capsaicin in mast cell inflammation.
- Nair MP, Mahajan S, Reynolds JL, Aalinkeel R, Nair H, Schwartz SA, Kandaswami C. The flavonoid quercetin inhibits proinflammatory cytokine (tumor necrosis factor alpha) gene expression in normal peripheral blood mononuclear cells via modulation of the NF-κβ system. Clin. Vaccine Immunol.. 2006 Mar 1;13(3):319-28.
- Wu W, Li R, Li X, He J, Jiang S, Liu S, Yang J. Quercetin as an antiviral agent inhibits influenza A virus (IAV) entry. Viruses. 2016 Jan;8(1):6.
- Chen WC, Hau DM, Lee S. Effects of ganoderma lucidum and krestin on cellular immunoceompetnece in gamma-ray-irradiated mice. Am J Chin Med 1995;23(1):71-8