Weddings are so magical and special; something people dream about and look forward to their entire lives. Everyone wants their wedding day to be perfect, and no one could have ever imagined being engaged during a global pandemic. It’s hard to get excited about planning when there is so much uncertainty surrounding your big day. Sometimes, it just feels easier to take a pause and not think about it for a while.
We see you and we hear you, and we’re here to help guide you in the right direction to pick up where you left off in planning your wedding. Whether you are in the early stages of planning or have put your plans on pause, these tips are sure to bring your sparkle back.
Here are Diana Pires Events’ Top 7 Tips to Get Your Wedding Sparkle Back – after all, this should be one of the most exciting events to look forward to! There is so much joy to be had in the planning process, and we are here to help make it feel fun again.
- Change your mindset to focus on conquering this together instead of the hurdles you’ve faced. After all, you are planning the day that you get to marry your best friend – if that isn’t motivational, we don’t know what is!
- Set the mood by putting on your favourite playlist, making yourself a mimosa, and wearing your favourite cozy lounge set. Ambiance is everything!
- Get excited about planning again by starting with what excites you- whether that’s online shopping for your wedding shoes, or gathering inspirational photos for your wedding florals.
- Go back to your notes and figure out where you are in your planning process since you last left off. Give yourself a shortlist of things you need to do this month to start without overwhelming yourself.
- Have some fun together – make a list of your favourite first dance songs with your partner, and chat about why they are special to you. Then, create a playlist with your top choices and dance to them in your living room together to find the perfect fit.
- Ignore the Negative Noise around you; whether that means refraining from obsessively checking the news or halting any emotionally draining conversations with loved ones
- Find support with like-minded couples online. Sometimes your friends and family, although their hearts are in the right place, may not be able to provide the support you need, because they truly can’t understand what you are going through.
Although it’s easier to shrink away from planning because it’s difficult right now, planning your wedding can be such a wonderful experience and you deserve to enjoy the process.
Diana Pires of Diana Pires Events has been in this industry for over a decade, has celebrated countless milestones with couples, and is eager to help more couples find their joy in planning again.
Let’s get your Wedding Sparkle back!