CBD oil doesn’t have a standard dosage ruling. The right dosage you’ll need would depend upon your needs. Users usually just follow the manufacturers’ dosage instructions since there are different CBD concentrations of CBD oil in the market today. Also, your body weight, age, and existing medical condition may influence the CBD dosage you need to attain the desired effects.
In this article, you’ll learn more about choosing the right CBD oil dosage for you as per tips and recommendations from experts.
Sublingual CBD Oil Dosage For Stress And Anxiety
People experience stress and anxiety from time to time. If you are experiencing these problems due to workload, family or personal matters, or financial problems, CBD oil comes to the rescue. Nibbana explains that CBD can be a great stress buster. A dropper filled with CBD oil would give you about 10 ml or 25 to 50 mg of CBD (depending on the concentration), which is the average dose that can be safely tolerated by most consumers.
By taking CBD oil sublingually or under your tongue, you’ll feel immediate relaxation. It is brought about by the interaction of cannabidiol with the body’s endocannabinoid system. This specific process positively impacts hormones and neurotransmitters that regulate mood and pain perception. With a pain-free body, there’s less stress, anxiety will be significantly reduced, and you get to experience better mood and sleep.
Oral Route CBD Oil Dosage For Sustained Pain Relief
CBD oil, when ingested, provides sustained effects, such as relaxation and pain relief in the injured area. For sustained pain relief, CBD dosage of 100 mg and above is usually used. But, still, following the CBD manufacturer’s instructions is highly recommended.
CBD oil is suitable for those who are looking for relief from these following conditions:
- Muscle soreness due to intense training or workout
- Painful joints caused by arthritis
- Migraine and headache
- Neuropathic pain or abnormal pain sensations caused by problems in the nervous system
Vape CBD Oil Dosage As Alternative To Cigarette Smoking
There are different ways to consume CBD, and you can also reap the benefits of CBD oil through the use of vape pens and vaporizers. It’s perfect for a vegan smoker who is looking for an alternative to cigarette smoking. Aside from CBD oil, you can also use CBD flowers for vaping.
Here are the steps on how to vaporize CBD oil and CBD bud:
- Warm-Up: Turn on the device and warm up your vaporizer for about two minutes. The indicator light will tell you when the device has reached its desired temperature.
- Load: Load the CBD oil in the vape pen or finely ground CBD flower (use grinder) into the chamber of a vaporizer. It allows heat to penetrate the CBD material, activating the cannabinoids efficiently. Most units can accommodate 0.25 and 0.5 gram of ground CBD bud.
- Adjust Temperature: Most vaporizers have an ideal temperature of 360 to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Once you have done this step, you can start vaping or inhaling CBD.
What Research Shows About CBD Dosage
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approves CBD use for specific types of epilepsy. But, clinical studies were conducted to find out the best CBD dosages in treating various medical conditions.
Here are the findings of the CBD dosage studies:
- Like with any medication, the right dosage provides a therapeutic effect that is well-tolerated. Researchers used 100 to 800 mg of CBD daily in clinical studies.
- Some studies used higher dosages of CBD. For instance, after taking 1,200 mg of CBD daily for two weeks, an individual reported a marked improvement in psychosis.
- Also, patients with schizophrenia reaped positive results after taking daily CBD dosages of 40 to 1,280 mg for four weeks.
- Six participants with psychosis and Parkinson’s disease showed significant symptom improvement with a daily CBD dosage of 150 mg.
Moreover, researchers used the following CBD dosages to study the therapeutic effects of cannabidiol on different medical conditions:
- Anxiety: Oral administration of 300 to 600 mg of CBD
- Bowel Disease: Sublingual administration of 5 mg of CBD twice daily using a dropper
- Type 2 Diabetes: Oral CBD administration of 100 mg given twice a day
- Pain Due To Cancer: Oral CBD administration of 50 to 600 mg daily
- Parkinson’s Disease: Oral CBD administration of 75 to 300 mg per day
- Huntington’s Disease: Nasal sprays, like Sativex nasal spray containing THC and CBD in 1:1 concentration, of up to 12 per day
Consult A Doctor
Determine the most effective CBD dosage for you by consulting your doctor. By doing so, you’ll also become aware of the possible CBD interaction with the current medications you are taking, as well as help you set the best schedule of taking them.
The appropriate CBD dosage you need will depend on your desired effects. CBD dosages differ when used for pain relief, as a stress buster, and in treating different medical conditions. While there’s no standard dosage ruling in place, you can follow the manufacturer’s instructions, consult a doctor, and take CBD dosage according to acceptable research dosages.