We’ve all been spending more time at home over the last year, and our pets have loved having us around (most of them at least!). To honour our faithful companions, TikTok Canada is celebrating #AnimalMonth this April.
We’re highlighting some of our favourite Canadian animals making a name for themselves on TikTok, like @i_am_whiskey, Canada’s most popular animal with over 3.1 million followers, as well as hilarious trends involving our furry, feathery and sometimes scaley friends. Don’t forget to check out the TikTok app all month long for LIVEs with some of your favourite animals including:
- April 14, 4:00-5:30 pm ET: LIVE Playtime with Oreo and Friends
- April 20, 4:00-5:00 pm ET: LIVE hiking with Gary the hiking cat
- April 21, 4:00-5:30 pm ET: LIVE Dogwash/transformation with @girlwithedogs
- April 27, 4:00-5:30 pm ET: LIVE with Marine Mammal Rescue
Animal accounts you need in your life:
- @dobyandblue – Smol corgi duo
- @olympusgreatdanes – Olympus sized Great Danes duo
- @funnyanimal9 – Jokesters from all across the animal kingdom
- @maya.husky. – Maya loves the spotlight and says a lot of fluff
- @tikatheiggy – Watch out runways, here Tika comes
- @louthechichi – Montreal’s fashion icon
- @useless_farm – Useless animals include Stanley the emu and Keith the alpaca
- @charlieneebs – Just a girl and her bird
- @carmenpavlov – Intern aquarist at the Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea
- Pet ski mask: You might have seen some dogs or cats getting in on this trend, but you might have missed the snake, turkey and even a baby sloth.
- Clingy pets: Show me your pet is clingy, without saying your pet is clingy. Some cats, dogs and even parrots have no concept of personal space.
- Your cat will come cuddle: Sometimes this sounds works really well. Other times, not so much.
- Expectation vs. Reality: Some pets have big personalities that don’t quite match their size while others try to be fierce, but really just want to snuggle and play with their stuffies.
- Dr. Phil cats: Cats across TikTok tell their owners to open the door after being kicked out of bedrooms or having the door closed in front of them.
- Kiss your pet on the head: Certain animals are more affectionate than others. You might make your corgi’s day giving them a smooch, but could lose an eye trying that with your cat. How many people can say they’ve kissed a duck on the head? Probably more than have kissed a crocodile!
Check out these hashtags for even more animal adventures: #DogsRule, #CatsRule, #RarePets and #AnimalParty.