Are you a big matcha lover? If yes, you came to the right place! These recipes incorporate this ingredient into treats in such a deliciously delightful way that they will have you coming back for seconds.
The perfect combination of creaminess and an earthy taste, this matcha latte should satiate any cravings you’ll have for matcha.
1 1/4 tsp matcha powder
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp hot water
3/4 cup light coconut milk
3/4 cup macadamia nut milk
- Add matcha powder to your serving mug along with sweetener of choice and hot water.
- Whisk with a bamboo whisk or a metal whisk until completely dissolved. If you don’t have a bamboo whisk, you can use a spoon or a metal whisk or even blend the latte in a blender.
- Once the matcha is completely dissolved, heat your dairy-free milk. You can add them to a frothing pitcher and steam them with an espresso machine, heat them in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot and steamy. To get more froth, you can whisk vigorously or use a handheld frother.
- Pour dairy-free milk into your mug. Taste and add more sweetener if needed.
- Enjoy immediately.
Matcha fudge is truly a delicious treat, as the bitterness of the matcha balances out the sweetness from the condensed milk and white chocolate.
2 tbsp matcha powder
¾ cup condensed milk
14 oz white chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
- Prepare an 8×8 baking pan by greasing the pan and covering it with parchment paper.
- Heat matcha powder and condensed milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat until both are well incorporated. Make sure to sift the matcha into the pan.
- Add the white chocolate chips and mix until they melt.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt. Mix until incorporated.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to spread it into an even layer. Cool at room temperature until fully cool (15-20 minutes). Cover and chill for at least 3 hours in the fridge.
- Optional: Sift extra matcha powder over the top before serving.
Not only does this mug cake taste amazing, but it also looks amazing! If you love green tea, but also have a big sweet tooth, this is the perfect recipe for you!
4 tbsp (30 g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp high-quality matcha powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp (12.5 g) granulated white sugar (or more to taste)
3 tbsp (45 ml) nonfat milk
1/2 tbsp (7.5 ml) vegetable oil
- In a microwave-safe mug, add flour, matcha powder, baking powder and sugar.
- Whisk until evenly blended and no lumps remain. You want to make sure to break apart any matcha or flour lumps before adding the liquid.
- Add in milk and oil.
- Mix with a whisk until the batter is smooth and uniform in colour.
- Cook in the microwave at full power for about 1 minute.
- Let the cake cool for a few minutes before enjoying it.
Be sure to check out 4 Awesome Barbecue Recipes for Your Next Family Gathering!