Pendants are one of the best and most original ways to diversify and personalize your style. They look attractive and stylish in every design. They also make a great gift for a loved one. Below, we will tell you how to choose and buy a pendant for yourself or as a gift.
At the outset, the terms need to be defined. Many people confuse the names of pendants and necklaces. According to our consultant at FJewellery, they have different meanings. The first refers to a piece of jewellery in its own right. In the second, it is a set of pendants plus a chain. Pendants cannot be worn without a chain, leather cord, bracelet, earrings, or other accessories. And necklaces are stand-alone pieces that can be worn independently of other accessories.
What is a pendant for?
Historically, this accessory has been used for various purposes. They were used to identify who was in charge, what the wearer did, and what group of people he or she belonged to. This is one of the oldest forms of personification. Religious pendants are worn to have faith always with you, as talismans against the evil eye, and to give certain properties to a person.
Since the 18th century, it has also been a very elegant way to make yourself look attractive. For jewellery to look harmonious on the body, it has to be chosen correctly. Your choice should be based on the following parameters:
- Body type. Since it’s quite a visible accessory on the body, it should blend in with the look. There are no hard and fast rules here, but there are a few tips. You can visually correct some figure flaws. So, if you have a long neck, choose a long pendant. If you have a short neck, you should consider a shorter pendant.
- Choose a material to match your skin tone. This will make the jewellery look even more stylish. The right choice will make your skin glow. Optimal materials include inexpensive silver, alluring gold, and luxurious platinum. They may be rhodium-plated or rhodium-free. If you already have a metal chain, select something appropriate. If you’re picking up jewellery for the first time, compare your photo with gold and silver jewellery. This will be obvious.
- Pay attention to your facial features. A pendant can enhance your strengths and flatten your weaknesses in surprising ways. For example, if you have large facial features, you can choose intricate, original pieces. If you want to accentuate the angle of your cheekbones, choose something asymmetrical with sharp angles. For the owners of thin lips, designers recommend choosing something more elegant.
- Choose an event. Of course, you can wear a religious pendant every day and even make it part of your outfit, but in most cases, you should choose an accessory for an event, setting, or occasion. That way, you can look stylish and presentable at any time. There are handy filters in the shop’s catalog today. Use them to find the best result.
- Prices. Today, the choice is so vast that you can choose a product at the most affordable price for you. Every shop has an assortment of products for the everyday and premium segments.
Choose accessories from trusted manufacturers. They usually have reviews, a website with a history, and a well-designed catalogue. Online shops, such as FJewellery, have all the information and brands you need. We wish you a happy shopping experience!
Published by HOLR Magazine.