Multifaced actress, singer, dancer, model, and content creator Indi Star has geared up to release her new single ‘Afterglow‘. The Nickelodeon television star sat with HOLR to discuss her inspiration into creating music, and her journey being a musician and actress.
1. What or who inspired you to write your first single, “Afterglow”?
Afterglow was mainly inspired by a relationship I was in at the time it was written. Afterglow is about that time in the beginning of a relationship where everything is new.
2. How did you feel when you booked your first guest appearance?
When I was a member of Kidz Bop, we all made guest appearances on Master Chef Junior! It was so much fun, and I love food, so it was extra exciting!
Photo by Jessica Spohr
3. Tell us a bit more about how your work is aimed to inspire the Gen-Z?
I want to inspire Gen-Z to be respectful and kind to others. I really enjoy making content aimed at my generation!
4. In your free time, you’ve said you enjoy participating in activities such as yoga, hiking, boxing… What other activities do you enjoy doing that really give you a sense of happiness?
I love swimming, skateboarding, gaming, dancing, painting, and I just recently got into crocheting!
5. What is it like going from Boston to Los Angeles at a young age to start your journey, and now partnering with brands like Nickelodeon and Casetify?
It’s such a dream come true!! It’s so crazy because when I was younger, I could’ve never imagined where I would be right now, I’ve come so far!
Photo by Jessica Spohr
6. Who is your biggest supporter?
All of my stars, family and friends!! My grandma is definitely someone who has always supported me and believed in me, as well as everyone in my family.
7. We see that you’re very multifaceted… being that you are an actress, singer, dancer, model and content creator. If you had to choose one to do for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why?
Probably singing! I can’t go a day without singing, so I feel like if I wasn’t a singer, I don’t know what I’d do. Plus, as a singer, I still would get to incorporate acting and dancing into my performances!
8. What gave you the creative eye to want to start acting?
Ever since I was little, I have always loved the creative arts! My best friend when I was little was into theater and she kind of got me into acting and theater with her.
9. If you had to choose one brand to collaborate with next, would who it be and why?
Roxy has always been one of my dream collaborations! I love their style, brand and energy!