Selena Gomez is seemingly claiming that she is the inspiration behind Jocelyn’s character in The Weeknd’s The Idol. HOLR breaks it down below.
According to this TikTok video posted by user @thekylemarisa, Selena Gomez is allegedly “creeped out” by the similarities between her and Jocelyn in The Idol.
#greenscreen pooor sel #blinditems #tea #gossipgirlhere #gossip #hollywood #celebrity #theidol #theidolhbo #theidoledit #theidoljocelyn #jocelyn #lilyrosedepp #selenagomez #selenators #selenator #rarebeauty #theweeknd #theweekndexp #abeltesfaye #samlevinson #jelena
The Idol Selena Gomez The Weeknd
As noted in the TikTok video, there are some eerie similarities between Selena Gomez’s and Jocelyn’s life in The Idol. Gomez believes her “real life pain was used for entertainment value” as noted here. Here are some of the shocking similarities discussed in the TikTok video that were also outlined in this article by Pedestrian:
- The hospital bracelet Joscelyn wears seemingly romanticizes mental illness. This allegedly mirrors Gomez’s “Bad Liar” image where she is seen wearing a hospital bracelet.
- The stars both posed topless and some fans allege that Jocelyn’s look is similar to that of Gomez’s Revival album cover.
- The two are both child stars- Jocelyn is a child star in the series and Gomez has appeared on Barney and Disney’s Wizards of Waverly Place.
- Their assistants are their best friends.
- The stars both supposedly moan in their songs.
What do you think- do Jocelyn and Gomez share similarities?
Published by HOLR Magazine.