Article by Mackenzie Perras | Studio Director
Set yourself up for success! Plan for the week ahead
- Prepare for your morning workout by making a protein smoothie and lay out your workout wardrobe before you go to bed. If you have more time in the evening, pack those sneakers and bring them with you for an end of day work out, (I recommend booking in advance no one likes to be wait listed).
- The preparation is more than external, look in your fridge does it say motivation? Make sure you have healthy foods that give you energy and that you’ll enjoy for the upcoming week.
- Carve some time every Sunday to prep simple healthy meals to keep you on your wellness journey. I recommend keeping food notes in your phone to keep track of nutritious snacks to always have on hand, (walnuts, cashews, protein bars, fruit).
Make time for you!
- Look at your week ahead and make time for yourself: 45-60 minutes of self care in whatever form that takes. Set a weekly ritual to celebrate your body and wellness journey.
- Book classes in advance, maybe you feel more accountable paying for weekly classes.
- Put a ‘fitness group chat’ together with your friends and share your workout schedule, invite them to your favourite class. Try new fitness activities, do something different than the usual routine. Try a dance class, HIIT or boxing, plan with your friends and make a night of it- having community and support during a workout is fun and and will encourage you to stay motivated.
- If a workout is not feasible at the very minimum fit in some time to meditate. Focused breathing and reflection works wonders to keep you connected with how you feel and behave.
- Staying present and grounded in your daily life allows you to feel gratitude, set intentions, calm the mind and restore the body.
- It’s a simple YouTube search for a meditation guide that works for you, (I recommend 20 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes before bed).
- We can workout everyday, eat plant based, drink 5L of water and miss all the fun. Self reflection and gratitude is ultimately the most important ingredient to stay on track.
- Celebrate the wins- You got through that yoga class! You worked out 5 times this week! You ate plant based and cut out refined sugar for 10 days! Don’t get caught up on the scale and what it says, our bodies and how we feel is much greater than a number.
- Journal- write down how you feel waking up in the morning after 8 hours of sleep, how do you feel after a workout; energized, refreshed, your mind is clear, you feel good.
- Reflect on your fitness workouts, what did you enjoy about that class? What did you learn about your body or that type of workout? Being honest with yourself gives you a platform to understand how you feel and what your body needs.
Life is to be Enjoyed
- Society reminds us to have resolutions and goals at the beginning of the year but where do YOU see yourself in 6-12 months? What events do you have planned for the year? How do you want to FEEL rather than focusing on how you look?
- Life is to be enjoyed, life is to feel pleasure and be happy. Find a wellness routine that ultimately works for your body, mind and soul.
- At first you may need to force yourself to a Spin class, Hot Yoga, Barre, Pilates, Bootcamp but you will never regret how great you feel at the end of the workout, you will be glad you went!
Calii Love Studio offers 30 days of Movement for $45.00. This awesome unlimited package gives you access to a variety of fitness classes. By choosing to commit to 30 days you’re choosing to commit to self care. Calii Love Studio has 45-60 minute classes morning, afternoon and evening; yoga, meditation, barre, stretch, sculpt, HIIT and pilates. Not only do you have access to a wide range of classes, you can fuel and recharge your body with the nutritious menu of Calii Love. By taking a class you receive a discount off the menu!
- It is the ultimate organization for your body; eat- workout- hydrate- restore.
Stay connected– @lovealignmove