Enjoy Canada’s premium chocolate this Thanksgiving with these fun place-setting ideas and recipes!
Galerie au Chocolat is helping families across Canada entertain this Thanksgiving with a new, and luxurious assortment of chocolate offerings that are a must-try this holiday season. These treats will add a little fall indulgence to your festivities because they feature delicious ingredients that are sure to be crowd-pleasers.
Crafted and perfected for more than 35 years, Galerie au Chocolat’s Artisan and Fairtrade holiday collection is made with the finest, high-quality, gourmet ingredients that the whole family is sure to love. Manufactured in Montreal, Galerie au Chocolat is dedicated to producing ultra-premium quality chocolate that is all-natural, non-GMO, peanut-free, kosher, and their dark chocolates are suitable for a vegan lifestyle.
Here are some delicious and entertaining ways to incorporate Galerie au Chocolat into your upcoming Thanksgiving table spread.
- Try placing mini gourds as place cards at each plate along with a Fairtrade Ginger and Sea Salt, Vegan Dark Chocolate Mini Bark Bar, in the centre of each plate. Now, your guests can enjoy a premium treat before the turkey.
- Bob for Apples! Create an autumn-inspired charcuterie board filled with apples and caramel dipping sauce, paired with a side of Milk Chocolate, Salted Caramel Popcorn. This makes for a salty and sweet treat.
- What better way to polish off a pumpkin pie than with chocolate! As a parting gift, wrap your guests’ Thanksgiving leftovers with ribbon and add a Cinnamon Crunch Chocolate Bar to end off the night on a sweet note!
If you’re looking for unique ways to incorporate Galerie au Chocolat into your much-loved sweet treats, check out the below recipe to see how easy and simple it is to recreate your fall faves with the delicious selection of holiday goodies from the brand.
Chocolate-Covered Apple Slices
This all-time favourite is simple and easy to recreate with Galerie au Chocolat’s Fairtrade – Milk Chocolate 37% Fondue. Here’s what you need and how to make them:
· 1 cup Galerie au Chocolate fondue milk chocolate or dark chocolate
· 2 Granny Smith Apples
· ¼ chopped peanuts
· ½ caramel sauce
1. Wash apples, then dry them completely.
2. Slice the apples into ¼ inch-thick slices. Place the peanuts in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
4. Remove the lid and place the Galerie au Chocolate fondue container in the microwave. Heat on medium power for 90 seconds, then remove and stir. Repeat this “heat & stir” in 30 seconds intervals at medium power until the chocolate is melted and warm. Be careful to not make it too hot!
TIP: The alternative is to remove the chocolate from the plastic container and place it in a fondue pot. Heat on very low heat, stirring frequently until the chocolate is melted and warm. Make sure not to boil or burn the chocolate.
5. Dip the apple slices one at a time into the melted chocolate, make sure to coat them evenly. The apples must be dry when you dip them in the chocolate fondue. The chocolate should go at least three-quarters of the way up each apple slice. Let the excess chocolate drip off.
6. Press one side of each slice into peanuts and place the non-peanut/ side down on the parchment/wax paper. Repeat with the remaining apple slices.
7. Place in fridge until the chocolate hardens, 10 to 15 minutes. Drizzle caramel sauce on top of apple slices in a zig-zag motion.
8. Place apple slices on a decorative plate and serve.
Published by HOLR Magazine.