The Afro-Portuguese Chicken company that brought us Spicy P hot sauce is bringing hot meals to hospitals near them! Nando’s is also providing takeout to healthcare workers across Canada.
“We want the communities we serve to know that Nando’s is here for you. And we are here for our employees and our communities that we have always proudly called our family,” said Desmond Edwards, VP Marketing Nando’s Canada.
Doctors, nurses, and healthcare workers can either show up in uniform or with their healthcare ID to claim their free food.
- Bring hot catered meals to hospitals near every Nando’s in North America, to provide comfort and sustenance to the nurses, doctors and hospitals workers struggling to keep us all safe and well. On the house.
- Provide free Nando’s takeout to any nurse, doctor or healthcare worker who shows up at a Nando’s in uniform or with a valid healthcare ID, or calls to place a to-go order and presents ID at collection.
- Create a new employee volunteer force. Our employees will be paid to deploy their services to help others in the immediate communities in which we operate.
- Allocate 50 free meals per day per restaurant for laid-off members of the restaurant industry. They can walk in and take away Nando’s with pride.
- Donate all surplus food, packaged and non-expired, to local area food banks.
- Provide free family meals for our employees’ families in need.
- Pay it forward. Any customer or employee can pay the gift of a family meal forward to the neediest members of their community. Customers will be encouraged to buy a meal for a laid-off industry worker or medical personnel.
Way to be Nando’s!
About Nando’s Canada
Nando’s was hatched in South Africa in 1987 when Fernando Duarte invited his friend Robbie Brozin to a humble Portuguese eatery in the heart of Rosettenville, South Africa to try some mouth-watering PERi-PERi marinated and basted chicken. It wasn’t just the best chicken Robbie had ever tasted; it was love at first bite! The rest, as they say, is history.
Today, you can find Nando’s restaurants and PERi-PERi in Canada, America, Australia, the UK and 19 other countries as diverse as Fiji and Bangladesh, with over 1200 locations, including many in Toronto. http://www.nandos.ca/
Source: Nando’s Canada