There are a lot of essential oils that help the mind and body relax. Looking for a natural remedy to help you relax?
There are a lot of essential oils that help the mind and body relax and can be used in a diffuser to reduce stress and anxiety after a busy day with work and family.
Aromatherapy diffusers can help you create a stress-free environment and melt your worries away. Here are some best essential oils to diffuse for relaxation and stress relief.
- Lavender Oil: The most famous scent of the bunch, the sweet aroma of lavender oil will have you dreaming of blooming fields in the springtime. This oil instantly lifts your spirits up and makes you feel more relaxed.
- Cedarwood: has a sedative effect as well as an anti-anxiety effect. It has a wonderful, woodsy scent that makes a great base for lighter, more floral scents.
- Valerian: is sometimes called “nature’s Valium”–it’s been used for thousands of years to help with insomnia.
- Neroli Oil: is made from the flowers of the bitter orange tree. It helps reduce pain, discomfort, and anxiety, and has even been proven to help reduce pain and anxiety for women in labour.
- Ylang-ylang: This comes from a plant native to the Philippines and Indonesia. It is very high in the linalool, which is thought to influence the limbic system (the nervous system) to calm stress levels, high blood pressure, and high heart rates.
- Roman chamomile: the same herb you might be sipping in your tea every night–has been used to help promote sleep since ancient times but even today, people who use chamomile sleep significantly better than people who do not.
Here are a few relaxation diffuser blends to try:
Relief From a Long Day
Three drops of lavender, Frankincense and two drops of peppermint are sure to help you overcome any long day, whether it was a day of fun activities, long car drives with kids or a stressful day at work.
Honey Lavender Tea
Four drops of Lavender, two drops of bergamot, two drops of vanilla absolute and one drop of roman chamomile oil into your diffuser keep you relaxed and soothed. The vanilla really adds a lovely sweetness to the aroma and enjoy the positive feelings that bergamot and the other oil in this blend can bring.
Relaxing and Calming:
Everyone in the immediate environment can benefit from using essential oil in a diffuser. Here is a kid-friendly blend that can make your family space more relaxed and calm, especially nice when bedtime is near.
- 3 drops Frankincense
- 2 drops Lavender
- 2 drops Roman Chamomile
- 1 drop Lemon
You can diffuse any of the listed essential oils mentioned above for relaxation alone or in a synergistic blend. Just add 5 – 10 drops of essential oils to your diffuser with the recommended amount of water for your diffuser tank.
For more essential oil blends, check out loving essential oils.
Published on HOLR Magazine.