This holiday season The Body Shop has decided to partner with the Canadian Women’s Foundation in an effort to help those who are marginalized and often a target of gender inequalities.
This year we’ve seen a rise in violence towards women, unemployment in female-dominated industries and heightened child care responsibilities. The Body Shop is committed to empowering women and girls everywhere and has decided to revolve this year’s holiday campaign around Gifts that Give Back.
This holiday season, The Body Shop has donated $50,000 to the Canadian Women’s Foundation with every gift purchase to help end gender-based violence. Along with gifts that give back, you can also take action and participate in the 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence to help raise awareness and advocate for change. This campaign takes place every year between November 25 (the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women) and December 10 (Human Rights Day).
- The Canadian Women’s Foundation is Canada’s public foundation for gender equality. It supports diverse women and girls to move out of violence, out of poverty, and into confidence and leadership.
- The Body Shop’s $50,000 donation will go towards the Out of Violence Programs. These programs help ensure women and girls get the support they need now and into the pandemic’s aftermath.
The Out of Violence Programs provide:
- Emergency shelter and second-stage shelters for women and their children escaping violent homes
- Sexual assault response and care
- Legal information and court support
- Programs for children who have witnessed violence in the home
- Counselling and safety planning
- Prevention efforts to stop the cycle of violence before it starts through healthy relationship programs for young people of all genders.