HOLR is sitting down to chat with Garfield Goulding and Curtis Mascall, President and Director of United Brothers of Golf Association Canada, to discuss the not-for-profit organization and how it is dedicated to bringing the community together.
Today, HOLR is sitting down the discuss the United Brothers of Golf Association Canada with Garfield Goulding and Curtis Mascall, President and Director of the incredible not-for-profit organization. Goulding and Mascall are breaking down the key responsibilities as President and Director of United Brothers of Golf Association Canada, some of the organization’s key goals and pillars, as well as what the future holds.
Keep reading to learn all about the United Brothers of Golf Association Canada and how to become a member, below.
Tell us all about the United Brothers of Golf Association Canada.
United Brothers Golf Association of Canada is a not-for-profit organization founded in June 2021 dedicated to bringing our communities together in a fun and meaningful way through the game of golf. We strive to foster an environment where our members can learn, grow, and build together while always maintaining the core values of respect, integrity, perseverance, brotherhood, and fellowship. We believe that the game of golf brings out the best in all of us and creates opportunities for us to lift and promote each other.
We are focused on giving back to marginalized communities and are committed to making a positive impact in the world through our collective. Through COVID we saw that there was a lack of availability and focus on supporting marginalized communities and community organizations and we believe that we all have a role to play in making the situation better. The collective experience and passion we have for the game, life, supporting each other, and making an impact in our communities is the genesis behind UBGAC. We believe that it is our responsibility to give back wherever we can.
What are some of your key responsibilities as President of United Brothers of Golf Association Canada?
As President/Director of UBGAC, our key responsibilities include:
- Providing leadership and direction to the organization
- Building key partnerships such as Golf Ontario, Golf Canada, and Caribana Arts Group to grow and promote ubgac
- Representing UBGAC in various golf and community-related events and initiatives
- Overseeing the strategic planning and successful execution of our mission, vision, and values
- Growing our membership and funding to be able to reach and help more people
- Annual selection of organizations to be funded through UBGAC
What can one expect when becoming a member of the United Brothers of Golf Association Canada?
Inclusion, Purpose, Fun, Competition, and Fellowship with a broad spectrum of like-minded individuals focused on ‘giving back.’
Below is a list of associations we support in our community.
- Tiabu Community Health Centre
- Tropicana Community Services
- Sickle Cell Association of Ontario “Camp Jamoke”
- Black Girl Code Toronto Chapter
How does one become a member of the United Brothers of Golf Association Canada?
To become a member of UBGAC, interested individuals can typically visit our website @ ubgac.org, and complete a membership application which includes a code of ethics and conduct clause agreement. Then, choose the preferred membership option, pay the annual fee, attend introductory events to get acquainted with the organization and its members, and have fun giving back.
Any person – male/female- of any background can join our group as long as they are aligned with our main goal of giving back to the marginalized community and growing the game in our community.
What are some of the key pillars of the United Brothers of Golf Association Canada?
- Promoting diversity and inclusion in golf
- Providing access and opportunities for golfers of all skill levels
- Fostering a sense of community and sportsmanship
- Supporting youth development
- Engaging in charitable activities and giving back to the community
What are some of the United Brothers of Golf Association Canada’s future goals?
- Our 2024 goal is to raise $100,000 via charity golf tournament, sponsorship, and support from members’ donations.
- Increase participation in UBGAC golf events, enhancing diversity and inclusion within the community.
- Collaboration with local golf courses and businesses to promote the sport and UBGAC.
- Our vision is to be an international organization
Finally, the partnership between UBGAC and the Caribana Arts Group is a testament to our shared commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and the promotion of both golf and culture. By coming together, we aim to create an event that appeals to golfers of all ages and backgrounds, while also showcasing the vibrant cultural heritage of the Caribana Arts Group. The event was held at Grand Valley GC in Cambridge on August 20, 2023.
We are guided by the old proverb “It takes a village”. We believe that if Each one reaches one, Each one teaches one, each one lifts one… then collectively we eventually lift ALL!
Published by HOLR Magazine.