For Fall/Winter 2021, adidas Originals embarks on a new creative journey as the brand presents its inaugural Blue Version collection!
As is suggested by its name, the bold bluebird colour, seen throughout the collection, offers a platform through which the brand will reinterpret the possibilities of sportswear, daringly and imaginatively, over a number of seasons for a fashion-conscious audience.
Undeniably and distinctly Originals, the pinnacle apparel collection pays homage to the brand’s rich heritage by re-coding iconic pieces from the archive –fearlessly reimagining sporting codes through a style-focused lens by incorporating luxurious materials and unconventional cuts. To celebrate the launch of the collection, and bringing new meaning to the apparel, adidas Originals has enlisted fashion photographer Pierre-Ange Carlotti for an evocative campaign, starring filmmaker Ganna Bogdan and multi-hyphenate musician Duckwrth.
The collection’s first seasonal offering features a number of re-coded adidas Originals icons. The collection reinterprets adidas’ aesthetic language in unexpected new ways –infusing timeless silhouettes with contemporary details.
- The timeless Beckenbauer Tracksuit is given two unique bluebird-coloured updates.
- The women’s take features an oversized iteration of the iconic top and a slim-cut version of the classic pants, replete with stirrup details and cutout panels.
- Meanwhile, the men’s offering sees the fabled track top and pants elevated with updated cuts and premium materials.
The Fall/Winter 2021 collection also boasts three all-black looks.
- The women’s Asymmetric Track Top reimagines a classic style and is matched with a pair of Woven Adibreak Pants composed of premium cotton-twill fabric and capped off with satin 3-stripes detailing.
- Next, serving as a cleanly executed take on a quintessential windbreaker, the men’s Quality Jacket offers fine-tuned functionality and stylish elegance and is matched with a premium iteration of the Firebird Track Pants. In addition, the men’s Seefeld Track Top and Track Pant re-code an inimitable look that was first created for the elite winter athletes of the seventies.
- Rounding out the collection highlights are men’s and women’s takes on the iconic trench coat.
Distinctively blending sportswear with classic tailoring, each trench features bold cuts, blue overlays, and archival soccer jersey sponsor logo-inspired typographic prints.
The adidas Originals Blue Version collection is available globally on September 15th at adidas.ca/BlueVersion, adidas flagship stores, and through select retailers!
For another cool new launch that happened recently, check this feature out!
Published by HOLR Magazine.